How do we choose our suppliers?
Different types of suppliers come into focus in the context of manufacturing your products.We can distinguish them by tier:
- Tier 1 suppliers: those that work directly with us
- Tier 2 suppliers: those that work with our suppliers
- Tier 3 suppliers: those that work with the suppliers of our suppliers
And so on!
To facilitate discussion with the different factories, our teams have adapted their organisational structure by “industrial group” (textiles, heavy-duty clothing manufacturing, electronic, metallic equipment…). In some of these groups, people are in charge of selecting the supplier partners. They are called “buyers”. It is a complex assignment given they have to take into account lots of technical, logistics and ethical criteria to select them.
Among our technical and logistics criteria, our partners:
- must be able to produce on a large-scale
- must be competent and have real know-how
- be able to manufacture a product with the best cost, quality, lead-time and environmental footprint
- must not be located in the same geographical area as the other factories to control the risks
Among the ethical criteria, our partners:
- must share and comply with our commitments
- must have the same willingness to be transparent, being able to understand how the price is determined and how they justify it.
- must share with us the overall objective of making sport accessible to the many
Our partnership can start when a factory meets all these criteria!