THE LIFE OF OUR PRODUCTS
We have observed the sports user. We know what they want and need. We can start the creation phase!Yes, we put our sports clothing or equipment through quite a few stages before arrival in our sales departments. At first, these are just concepts by the way. We refer to them as a “product concept”.
You probably know our famous Easybreath snorkel mask? Do you know the story about its design?
After conducting a study on beaches in Europe, China and Brazil, our design team we're faced with the conclusion that: we often perceive snorkelling as hard. This is subsequently how the Easybreath project was born! By designing and "testing" different prototypes, we managed to develop the product version you now know today, allowing thousands of people to get over their fear and encouraging them to benefit, like us, from the wonders on the seabed. We show you how the prototypes evolved. Here are 6 of them. In actual fact, 30 prototypes were needed to come up with the final version of Easybreath.
1. The mock-up illustrates the concept of the face mask with a built-in snorkel.
2. After the 1st tests, the design team identified anomalies caused by the curved mask lens, which disturbed vision and made people feel sick.
3. The field of vision was enhanced. The anomalies were ironed out by replacing the curved mask lens with a flat one.
4. This version solved the issue of condensation building up on the lens and was fully functional.
5. The last prototype is functional and integrates a part of the final design.
6. The Easybreath currently available in store.
OUR 3D PRINTING AND 3D PROTOTYPING LAB